It’s sandal season!! And we did go on shopping spree with Quite The Feet! But, let’s face it. Good intentions aside it’s easier to hit the snooze than get out of bed and hit the pavement. And, we are probably scared of the sight of our own feet. So, whether it’s figuring out how to sculpt your body or finally learning how to carve out “me” time, we got you covered with some luxury at home.
Lounging in your living room while soaking your feet sounds divine? Then, Welcome to our new evening ritual. We got some DIY fresh and relaxing ways to get those great feet sandal season ready.
To make your soak, combine one gallon of warm water and two cups of fresh lemon juice in a small basin or tub.
Gather 1/4 cup organic granulated sugar, 1/4 cup olive oil and 2Tbsp fresh lemon zest in a small bowl.
Use any pure oil or all-natural lotion you might have in your beauty stash.
- Begin by removing old nail polish.
- Trim and file nails to desired shape and length, and round the edges to avoid ingrown toenails.
- Soak feet in the warm, lemon foot-soak for about 5 minutes.
- Gently push back cuticles with a wooden orange stick, available online or at any pharmacy.
- To exfoliate, take a scoop of the lemon-zest scrub in your hand and apply in a circular motion to feet, giving extra attention to heels, between toes, and calluses.
- Rinse feet under warm water, and then towel-dry.
- Massage lotion of choice into the skin, again, giving extra TLC to heels and toes.
- Remove excess oils from the nail with a bit of non-acetone remover on a cotton ball.
- Apply polish — or just enjoy your soft feet!
NOTE: You can do create your version of Sweet Orange Pedi by replacing Lemon with oranges.
Keeping same instructions, we got few more variations to your homemade spa. More is even better!!
Make a soothing foot bath that relaxes and refreshes sore feet by adding 10-15 drops of Peppermint Essential Oil to warm water.
Mix 1/4 cup traditional white or brown sugar, 1/4 cup olive oil and 5 drops of peppermint essential oil in a bowl.
Combine 1/2 cup Epsom Salt, 2 Tbsp Baking soda (optional), 6 drops of Lavendar Essential Oil to warm water.
Mix 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup olive oil, 1 tsp pure vanilla extract and 5 drops of lavendar essential oil in a bowl.
Put 2 Tsp Honey in hot water and stir it to dissolve it. If you want to, you can add a few drops of your favorite essential oils.
Combine 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup olive oil, 1 tsp pure vanilla extract and 1 tsp honey.
Whew! Did you make through all these? Well, you can make your own sugar scrub by including your favorite essential oils. Please, share if you have your faves.
Have a scrub-a-licious day!!