We’re coming in on a long weekend. And, because somehow the universe wants to ruin what should be a great long weekend, it’s Valentine’s Day. All your BFFs are planning their big date and you have no plans. It’s cool, we’re in the same boat. Single? Taken? Who cares? We’re awesome!
What will you do you ask? Round up some unattached chicks and hit the bar or treat yourselves to something special. Can we just park it on the sofa and watch Netflix please? We’ll also be taking a straw with that bottle of vino. Whether you’ve got Apple TV, Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime or some other subscription I haven’t heard of yet, here are my top 20 fav, must-watch weekend flicks. A little romance. A little Chic Flick. A little girl power. A little chocolate. A little(lot) bubbly. We got this.
20. Mean Girls: Can’t help it that we’re so popular!
19. Pitch Perfect: Why not? Some Singing, some dancing and lots of fun. And while you at it, get some Pitch Perfect 2, too.
18. Magic Mike: Featuring Channing Tatum stripping for most of the movie…need say more? And if you want more, we got Magic Mike XXL!
17.Notting Hill: What would a Chic Flick list be without our classic Hugh Grant movie? Are you ready for the bench everyone wants to be proposed to on?
16. You’ve Got Mail: TBT remember AOL? Dial up internet?
15. Sleepless in Seattle: No Seriously. We can’t get enough og Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan.
14. The Wedding Date: AKA the RomCom that RomCommed a little too hard.
13. The Other Woman: I cannot watch this movie without laughing. Don’t judge me.
12. The Sweetest Thing: A Cameron Diaz classic is necessary for every list. Also, Cameron Diaz Classic #2
11. What Women Want: Although we don’t know that we’d want Mel Gibson reading our minds….
10. One Day: The classic cry-your-eyes-out-literally movie on everyone’s list.
9. How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days: Alright, Alright, Alright! Let’s get some Matthew McConaughey up in this list.
8. The Clueless: Full. On. Monet. Just Kidding! I’m totally buggin’ over this movie. Still.
7. Bridget Jones Diary: aka the movie that says out loud everything we are thinking. Plus Hugh Grant.
6. Say Anything: For all the times you’ve wished a boy would throw rocks at your window or raise a boombox over his head. If you haven’t seen it, you really need to pick up a copy as soon as you finish the article.
5. The Notebook: If you’re literally the last person in the world who hasn’t seen it, I’ve heard it’s pretty good. Ya know, if you like people kissing in the rain and stuff. BONUS: Ryan Gosling.
4. 10 Things I Hate About You: I am not talking about the short lived tv show. I am being serious. RIP Heath.
3. Love Actually: Duh! Enough said!
2. Dirty Dancing: How could this not be on the list? Who doesn’t love a good dance movie/ RomCom/ teen dramedy?
1. Pretty Woman: A classic to end all classics. Don’t think too hard about it.
Still looking for something to watch? I heards girls are into The Twilight Saga. There’s like a shiny vampires and steamy werewolves. Bonus points if you can get through all the movies without clawing your eyes out. #teamjacob.